1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role consists of taking charge and running the shift when the General Manager is absent from the building, making sure the shift runs smoothly and if any problems arise they are dealt with quickly and efficienctly. One of my key tasks in my role is ensuring all weekly paperwork is completed eg kitchen temperture record, fire alarm
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned many new skills throughout the apprentice. A few of these skills is applying the GROW Model, Mat Model and ADKAR model all which were new to me and enjoyed learning about.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Having not done any learning in over 5 years i wasnt sure what to expect and if it was going to be hard studying as well as doing a full time job but everyone involved was so supportive which made it easier meaning i was able to enjoy it more.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Considering we are in a middle of a pandemic with covid-19 the programme was organised very well as communication via emails from lifetime regarding times and dates for class webinar's was sent out in plenty of time and tutors were always available if required.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My General Manager was very supportive by setting aside time to spend with me if i had any questions and as we had to do new risk assessments due to covid he allowed me to do them then checked them over
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Valeka Lambe lifetime trainer who was my tutor was absolutely brilliant can't fault her commitment to helping me. If i contacted her via email or whatsApp as soon as she was not with another student she would call and help.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I have been an assistant manager for about a year and a half with my sights on becoming a General Manager and by doing this course i now feel more confident going forward.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
At the presnt moment there is not but this is due to the pandemic but when its gone and we return back to some form of normality there can be.
9a. Would you recommend Greene King to a friend?
I have worked with a handful of employers throughout my career and can safely say Greene King has been the best as they don't just see you as an employee number they make you feel welcome as one of them and try bring the best of you.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Greene King?
If someone tells you they don't believe your the right person for the job, think of it as a test and an opportunity to prove them wrong.