1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As a team leader I open and close the pub . This makes me the duty manager. I have to make sure everyone is doing there job and is debriefed at the beginning of their shift. I also do money management such as cash up and banking. As well as the stuff listed above I also have to control labour and stock costs .
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I've learnt more about cost controls and how to read a p and l report. I've also learnt about management styles and how I can use them while working. I've also learnt more about pairing food items with drinks which helps with customer service. And legislation and why it's important to abide by it
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
This is the 3rd apprenticeship I've done with lifetime , I am always happy with the outcome , however due to the pandemic it was more stressful having to do it online but nothing can be done about that
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is very structured there's clear deadlines to hit and it works around your job , so as long as you do the work there isn't any problems , if there is any issues you usually get a phone call to say that a visit will be re-arranged
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive lots of support , if I ever got stuck I could go to my line manager or BDM for advice . The coky are very encouraging when it comes to apprenticeships.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Couldn't ask for more support . I can text my trainer and he will reply or phone me to help me out . He's also a great teacher and I've learnt alot form him .
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
My qualification will help alot, I eventually want to become a general manager , doing this apprenticeship has given me skills to exceed in my roll and to gain a promotion , it will definitely get me to where I want to be faster
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Before the pandemic I was part of a work 5-aside team . There's also darts team and pool teams to join if you wanted. We also do a quiz night in a Wednesday so we used to go as a team and partake in the quiz
9a. Would you recommend Greene King to a friend?
They are great if you want a caterer or just a weekend job , great staff benefits and friendly staff . Greene king have been very supportive during the pandemic with the CEO and other board members donating there bonuses to help out struggling family's who work for Greene king
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Greene King?
Working in a pub is a great and does wonders for social skills . Make sure that if you're applying that you are flexible to work , due to the unsociable hiurse. The best thing to remember is it's unsociable hours bit one of the most sociabke jobs you can get