1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
as an apprentice care assistant i support with personal care, activities, meal times, one 2 ones with residents, attending training sessions to improve my knowledge
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt basic first aid, reporting and recording skills, grew my confidence,developed trusting relationships
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I love working within a team, i love speaking with colleagues and managers, attending away days and meeting other apprentices within my group
4. How valued do you feel by Anchor Trust?
Very valued, they are always there to listen, help and support, I am not just another number, i am a person, who is listened to.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very structed, we have a calendar for the year which shows you what exactly will be happening, we are consulted and asked for feedback to ensure it meets our needs
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
our assessor comes once a month, she is great and very supportive
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We have are very own apprentice advisor, who is always there for us, either on phone or regualr visits, we also have the rest of the qualifcation team also to support us
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
We get a monthly pay of around £550 this goes up after 6 month another bonus is £500 towards travel costs which is great
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
many we can attend a variety of events either within Anchor or external e.g school career events, volunteering
9a. Would you recommend Anchor Trust to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
great place to work, very friendly but professional,
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Anchor Trust? *
Be yourself, dont be afraid to ask questions, recruitment team are great, if successful you recieve weekly texts or calls to make sure you are ok and prepared for your start date.
More from Anchor TrustMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!