Catering assistant at Anchor Trust

Salford
£150 weekly
April 2019

Connect with Anchor Trust

Overview of my apprenticeship is good on a day to day basis I will prepare foods for the lunch which involved sandwiches, salads, fruit ect. It also involves doing lots and serving foods.

I have learnt new things that I woukdnt of known such as different types of special requirement meals, also learnt new things to cook/bake such as scones, casseroles ect

At first I didnt reply enjoy it but now I'm further down the line I really enjoy it. I enjoy interacting with the residents and getting to know them also my co workers. The cooking side to things I enjoy.

At the beginning it wasnt as organised as I changed tutors through out but now its organised I know what in doing on a day to day basis and when my tutors in and isn't.

My employer gives me the best support if I ever need anything they are there I think it's a great company and place to work for

If I ever need anything I can always ring and she answers she tells me everything I need to know so I'd say the support is good

She gives me tips and tells me where I'm up to she gets things done quick and easy

I'm not too ture I havnt looked into it properly to be able to if there is but ice heard of others do extra

9a. Would you recommend Anchor Trust to a friend?

I think the company offers a lot of things not many places would they let you carry on further into your qaulification with no costs

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Anchor Trust?

Make sure you know your stuff because anchor are on the ball they like things done properly