1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role entails cleaning the rooms and bathrooms for the residents and also cleaning the home. Areas such as communal bathrooms, corridors, dining room, reception area and lounge. I also strip and remake beds with clean beddings. Also working in the laundry on some days when colleagues have days off.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
learnt a lot to do with not just housekeeping but hospitality in general. What customers look for and what the most popular things are. How to improve customer satisfaction from my workbooks. Also done a lot of e learning which has a helped me understand how to deal with the residents.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed learning new things and working with new people. It was good to have people around that could help me improve my skills and help me learn new things. I’m glad that when my apprenticeship finished I was able to stay in with the company and my job role.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme was very organised. I had regular visits with my assessor who would help me improve on my workbooks and give me more information that would help. I was given a new workbook every month and given feedback if needed. My tutor also kept in touch to see how things were going.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I received a lot of support from my employer. If I ever needed anything they were always happy to help, to help me do the best I could in my apprenticeship. They were happy to see how I was progressing and wanted to keep my on permanently as they thought I was a good asset to the team.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I received a lot of support from my training provider. I had regulars monthly visits with them and they were also on had by phone if I needed any help in between. They alway give feedback on workbook to help me if I needed it. I was well prepared for my end point assessment
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Anchor Trust to a friend?
I believe anchor is a great place to work for. Every day is different and I thoroughly enjoy my job
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Anchor Trust?
Do the best you an and if you ever need help there are always people there to support you
More from Anchor TrustMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!