- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Hilton to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Hilton?
My job role as Restaurant Hostess involves greeting the guests; interacting with them; making suggestions about the menu; taking and posting the orders; processing the payments; makings the drinks; answering the phone; wiping the tables; cleaning tasks; sometimes the banking; working together with the team to ensure the guests are fully satisfied.
Working in the evening gave me the opportunity to increase my knowledge about our products. In addition to that, I learnt to prepare the drinks in a more efficient way. I also learnt how to process the banking. In particular, doing different tasks has improved my confidence and my skills.
Combining theory and practice, it is a great way to learn new skills or develop your previous skills. It makes me feel more motivated. Furthermore, I enjoy learning new things.
The programme is well structured, in particular the various topics are explained very clearly.
I am very thankful and grateful to my employer for the great support received. They did not hesitate to give me the days off required to do an exam or to join the on line classes. They also gave the opportunity to learn new skills and to develop my previous skills.
The training provider is very supportive, explained me the topics of the programme in details making sure that I understood it correctly. She also gave me useful suggestions about that. I received any information I need regarding the courses. I also have been supported in my preparation before an exam.
Increasing my knowledge, learning new skills and developing my previous skills make me feel more motivated, performing better in my role.
The programme is well structured, offering different topics which are interesting and explained in a clear way. It also includes useful information to use it in your job and in your daily life, giving the opportunity to develop professionally and personally. Furthermore, it is a great way to improve your English.
I would suggest them to approach the Apprenticeship programme with great enthusiasm, curiosity and determination, considering the programme as a incredible opportunity to develop on a professional and personal level. I would also suggest them to be organized because being organized is another important component to complete what is required.
Level 2 Apprenticeship