- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Audi to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Audi?
invoicing cars, daily banking, payment requests, settlements, buying cars, bringing cars onto stock, reports, communications between different sights.
Communication skills, time management, more confident, level 2 admin,
-great team, willing to help each other -great support from LSP with the apprenticeship, helpful and knowledgeable -great workbooks aimed at improving my knowledge
- tutor was very clear on the structure of the programme and what it would entail - LSP easy to contact if support needed, regular visits to check on progress - training was relevant and up to date
-constant support from mentor (was previously an apprentice so was a great person to mentor) -manager occasionally check on progress (in appraisals etc) - always people there to provide guidance and help when needed
- tutor always went into great detail when explaining the tasks i need to complete - LSP were very understanding on circumstances (e.g. end of the month was the busiest so they would give me less work in these times) - always willing to work around my needs and support me with my work
- the knowledge that I have learnt on my apprenticeship related to my job role, e.g i learnt about the different ways of archiving, GDPR and office equipment which are things which I need to know / do most days - I feel more confident within my job role now that I have the knowledge which i have learnt from my apprenticeship.
Great company to work for, great staff and moral, opportunities to progress throughout career
- try learn a bit about the company before the interview - come fully prepared for the assessment days, not just a one-to-one interview, be prepared to have to speak in front of a group.
Apprenticeship - Intermediate Level (Level 2)
Business & Administration