Sales assistant at Audi

£0 weekly
February 2019

10 /10

1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:

The work experience was a great opportunity to learn about lots of different things involved when working at a car dealerships as a sales person. I learnt about loads of different things and mainly my role involved supporting car dealers in selling cars. It was a really great experience and i learnt a lot.

2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?

Whilst I was there I learnt loads of different skills which I have been able to take away with me. I have learnt about communication skills and the importance of realising you must adjust your technique depending on the customer. I also learnt about your to do administration correctly for simple tasks.

3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?

I really enjoyed my work experience because it was very varied and gave me a chance to see if I would enjoy going into this role in the future. I was able to work with lots of different people and find out about lots of different departments which was interesting.

4. How well organised was your work experience?

The work experience was pretty well organised as they gave me time to speak with people in different departments to understand their job role and then i was buddied up with a member of staff who let me shadow him to find out more about his role which i was interested in.

5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?

I learnt lots about how the company was ran both from what i read but also from actually speaking to the employees on the business and finding out was they really thought. It was refreshing to hear so many positive reviews on a business and know they were all happy to be at work.

6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?

The role really helped aid me into deciding what i want to do in the future. This doing the work experience I have decided i would like to continue in education for some time longer before going into this field later on but at a higher level, possibly in a management position.

7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?

I was not paid for this experience but it was entirely optional how long I was there and because I was keen to find out about the business I did not see this as an issue. i also did the work experience during school holidays so it did not actually affect my school work either.

8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?

There were a few difference opportunities to speak with other members of staff and i really enjoyed doing this as it meant i got to speak to people from all different areas of the business so i gained a good understand of how the dealership department worked together for the business.

9a. Would you recommend Audi to a friend?

I would recommend it to a friend as it is a great way to decide what you want to do in the future. Going somewhere like I did meant I was able to see different areas and not just one job role which was interesting as i appreciate a lot of work experience opportunities are more limited in what you can see.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Audi?

If i was to give advice to a friend who was to gain experience, I would recommend they go a visit the dealership and have a chat with the staff to see what options they have available. It might be that over a busy period they could pay someone with some skills to temporarily fill in a role and see what they think of it.