Funeral Arranger at Co-op

Alloa
April 2020

Connect with Co-op

6.4/10

My role is admin and arranging funerals. Assist the funeral director with there arrangements. Ordering items for families.

I have continued to develop my existing skills and learnt new skills also such as dealing with bereaved families and funeral law.

I enjoy it but find it difficult to do when in work. I work in a busy branch and time out to do it is not always possible.

Imagine yourself working at Co-op

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at Co-op

It is structured well but not all that organised. My trainer is lovely but does not always call when she says she will etc yet if I have to cancel I am penalised for it.

I am very supported at work with regards my programme but due to being in a busy branch with heavy footfall it is not always possible to complete units, which I understand.

I feel supported to an extent. However they are not always understanding.

It has aided me to understand funeral law better however I wouldn’t say it has helped me to perform better.

9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?

I feel they are a very supportive employer who is all for there employees. They are understanding to life events and assist you to get the best out of you.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?

Be yourself, it’s about you as a person.