1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My current role is secondment store manager. Running a busy seasonal shop in the heart of Blackpool. Working 1 on 1. Trying to balance tasks and management jobs.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
How to coach has been the main one. Learning what to say and when. Use of open and closed questions. Also use of feedback.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Really enjoying it. Alot of work but hopefully worth it in the end.
4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?
Feel very valued to be honest. Without the apprenticeships scheme I don't think I would have become a secondment store manager
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Organised I would say 6/10 as it's the pilot so always fixing it to make it right. Structure I would gie 8/10
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot. If there is ever anything I need they areally always there on the end of the phone/email
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
At first I was given my 8 hours when I was a T2 but now I'm running the store I'm finding it hard to use thsee hours.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
At the moment very poor. Ive been in this role for 3 months and nothing has changed since I was T2
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Opportunity? For me to go else where? I've not looked.
9. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?
I've worked for the company for 12 years and love it.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?
Climb that coop ladder!!
More from Co-opMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!