Funeral arranger at Co-op

Bristol

6.8/10

I am based in a Funeral Home, meet clients, discuss their requirements, offer advice, make funeral arrangements, liaise with outside clients, prepare paperwork, liaise with colleagues, look after funeral home.

I was new to the business, so have learnt everything about the funeral business in that time. I can offer advice to our clients with confidence. My confidence talking to clients at such a difficult time has really developed.

I enjoyed doing the programme as it really makes you think about the questions asked, so although it was challenging it makes it feel a more worthwhile achievement.

4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?

I like the fact that I was chosen in my interview and trusted to run a funeral home. There is not someone looking over my shoulder all the time. I am left to ask if I need help or advice.

I had a manual and workbook to go through. I felt it was a bit daunting at first because there was so much to do. My assessor advised me which sections to do by when and explained when she would next see me and what she expected of me. I knew then what to expect.

My assessor kept me informed of when she would see me and what she expected of me. She explained the different methods of completing sections and I think she understood our individual abilities.

I felt that my manager was keen for me to comlete my qualification, but I dont think he realised how much work it involved. There was quite a lot of pressure to complete it, but there was no time at work to study so I was spending a lot of my own time working on it.

I don't really understand this question.

Again, not sure what this is getting at. Opportunities for what. I am perfectly busy outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend? *

If they were interested in this business, I think it is very professional, has a good reputation, I quite like the ways of working, there are nice colleagues, good terms of employment.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op? *

If they are interested, then go ahead, look on the website and apply. If not successful the first time, it is worth trying again at a later date.