1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Unix admin -i work on the day to day running of the business. I monitor and create filesystems, give users access and perform file transfers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
ITIL - Unix skills - Professional attitude - People skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is a great way to get in to the work place, the team is helpful and I have been guided throughout the course.
4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?
Very well, they have a lot of time for me. I do not get looked down upon for being an apprentice.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well, it has been planned so that I get a good mix of work place experience and knowledge for my competences.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot, they are always there if i need feedback with a very detailed and prompted response.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot, i have people who I can always go to... Also a member of my team sits down with me on occasions.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
As i live just outside of Manchester the salary is perfect.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Great place to work, helpful and well structured.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op? *
Ask them to get involved in OOH tasks and groups. Network across the company, this will help you. Also make sure you're professional due to the Co-op being such a big brand.
More from Co-opMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!