1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is Funeral Arranger, helping families to arrange funerals for those who have died. This involves organising paperwork, liasing with doctors, ministers and crematoriums, and advising families on how to create a personalised funeral for their loved ones.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed existing skills so that I have a better understanding of the policies and procedures involved in arranging a funeral.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have enjoyed the NVQ programme very much as it has enabled me to think about how and why I do things.
4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?
Completing the NVQ has made me feel more valued by the Coop as they have provided me with time and encouragement to become better qualified.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was well organised with regular meetings with my trainer and input from my managers.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
There was as much support as I needed from my training provider. I had regular meetings with my trainer and I was able to contact him if I needed support.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I had lots of support from Coop. They suggested that I undertake the NVQ and my managers were supportive while I was doing it.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary as a Funeral Arranger is sufficient to meet my costs. There is also an employee membership scheme which offers discounts on products from the Cooperative Group.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, there are many opportunities outside of my work as a Funeral Arranger and I try to make the most of them.
9. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?
Being a Funeral Arranger can be a stressful job at times but my work colleagues are great at providing support when I need it.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?
Think very hard about what sort of person you are and what skills you have and then apply for a job in the part of the Cooperative Group where you think you would fit in best, whether that's Funeralcare, Food or elsewhere...
More from Co-opMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!