- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Howdens to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens?
My role as an Apprentice Early Careers Administrator consists of assisting depot managers with loading their vacancies, inputting new starters data into the system, managing external platforms, attending shows.
Yes, I have gained confidence speaking to people over the phone and in-person and learned lots of new skills within my role
I enjoyed learning different aspects that come into making a large company successful and the wider knowledge it has given me. I liked putting my own projects together
It was well structured in the way you learn the basics and then everything ties together, making it easy to absorb and utilise in my job.
I received lots of support from Howdens and they gave me lots of encouragement to complete when I came across challenges on-programme.
My trainer really supported me after my break-in-learning and worked hard with me to achieve my distinction, which I never thought I'd get so this was a big achievement for me
I feel like it gave me valuable foundation skills/knowledge to build upon in my role
I often go along to the National Apprenticeship Shows (as I work in the Early Careers Team) with my team and we have other fun team days too which is always good.
I would recommend Howdens to anybody who is maybe unsure what they want to do in life as there are so many options to branch off into, such as in depot and the support functions, even to engineering. There is a role for everyone.
Think about what your strengths are and what makes you unique
Level 3 Apprenticeship