1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Applications Developer. Daily tasks involve analysis of business requirements from clients, designing solutions, coding and then implementing them into production. This involves interaction with our application users on an almost daily basis.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed responsibility, professionalism and agility amongst others. New skills include coding in Java, unix and SQL platforms.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much. I have matured so quickly within the 18 months of the programme and gained for many transferable skills that I can reuse on my strategic endeavors.
4. How valued do you feel by J.P. Morgan?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
2 weeks boot-camp to get eased in to the working environment. Lots of mandatory training and more for willing individuals. The apprenticeship scheme heads and other employees are all supportive of the apprenticeship throughout. There is so much visibility globally for the apprentices and every apprentice does exactly the same work as the rest of their team.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As much as needed.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Manager, HR, team and the rest of the employees around the campus are always giving a hand in anything no matter what the cost (financially).
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Satisfactory. Just enough.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, loads. Volunteer events, socials, charity events, networking events etc.
9. Would you recommend J.P. Morgan to a friend?
Because it's an amazing place to work that takes care of its own and the community as much as it can. Secure job.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to J.P. Morgan?
To be part of one of the world's leading investment banks you need to be have an unmatchable work ethic; that and determination will overlook any lack of experience within the industry.
More from J.P. MorganMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!