1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
NVQ Level 2 apprenticeship in Track maintenance/inspections.
Patrolling track during engineering hours, carrying out running repairs and reporting faults as required.
Carrying out maintenance tasks within a gang that include re-railing, replacing joints, assisting ultrasonics in their inspections etc.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Phonetic alphabet (already known but being able to use this knowledge within the job/apprenticeship)
PWT-EH (currently being mentored booking sections of track prior to going onto track safely and correctly)
The use and certification of plant tools and hand tools.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Extremely enjoy the experience so far, always something to learn and enjoy the challenge.
4. How valued do you feel by Transport for London?
As a apprentice TFL do more than any company I have heard,seen or known about and feel as though I am part of something big.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Well informed and structured.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As much as necessary and required on the situation/subject.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
At the moment it can be a struggle at times but I was aware of this at the time of applying as I was going to take a pay cut for the apprenticeship.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not that I know, apart of events and competitions that are highlighted by my apprentice office/team.
9a. Would you recommend Transport for London to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Excellent company with prospects to move further
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Transport for London? *
none, just be honest and do well in the aptitude test/interview and with the number of people that apply it is also a question of standing out.
More from Transport for LondonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!