Hi! Just a little message to let you know that we've updated our Privacy Policy.

nvq level 2 skilled track op apprentice at Transport for London

london
November 2015

Connect with Transport for London

9.2/10

NVQ Level 2 apprenticeship in Track maintenance/inspections.

Patrolling track during engineering hours, carrying out running repairs and reporting faults as required.

Carrying out maintenance tasks within a gang that include re-railing, replacing joints, assisting ultrasonics in their inspections etc.

Phonetic alphabet (already known but being able to use this knowledge within the job/apprenticeship)

PWT-EH (currently being mentored booking sections of track prior to going onto track safely and correctly)

The use and certification of plant tools and hand tools.

Extremely enjoy the experience so far, always something to learn and enjoy the challenge.

4. How valued do you feel by Transport for London?

As a apprentice TFL do more than any company I have heard,seen or known about and feel as though I am part of something big.

Well informed and structured.

As much as necessary and required on the situation/subject.

Advice

Monthly reviews

Group discussion

At the moment it can be a struggle at times but I was aware of this at the time of applying as I was going to take a pay cut for the apprenticeship.

Not that I know, apart of events and competitions that are highlighted by my apprentice office/team.

9a. Would you recommend Transport for London to a friend? *

Excellent company with prospects to move further

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Transport for London? *

none, just be honest and do well in the aptitude test/interview and with the number of people that apply it is also a question of standing out.