About Transport for London
Who are Transport for London (TfL)?
We’re the integrated transport authority responsible for meeting Mayor Sadiq Khan's strategy and commitments on transport in London. We run the day-to-day operation of the Capital's public transport network and manage London's main roads.
With such a vast and varied transport network, no two days at TfL are the same but we have one key purpose: to keep London moving. Working at TfL gives you the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on London and Londoners.
What’s on offer?
We offer a variety Level 2-6 apprenticeships, across a wide range of areas including: London Underground, Engineering, Business and Technology & Data.
Starting salary depends on the level of apprenticeship you’re applying for:
- Levels 2 & 3 - £20,181
- Level 4 - £21,190
- Level 5 - £22,250
- Level 6 - £23,363
Our award-winning teams will support your ongoing development, through a wide range of on-the-job practical experience and placements. We'll support your professional development through a combination of training, mentoring, and networking.
You’ll receive one-to-one support throughout the programme from your scheme sponsor and line manager. You’ll also be connected to a ‘buddy’ who will be a more experienced apprentice from the same scheme.
You’ll receive a wealth of opportunities, benefits and policies to help you achieve success in all elements of your life, enabling you to bring your whole authentic self to work.
Rewards vary according to the business area, but typically you can expect:
- Free travel for you and someone in your household on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on your National Rail season ticket
- A minimum of 29 days annual leave
- Generous pension options including a final salary pension
- Tax-efficient childcare payments and cycle-to-work programme
- Retal, health, leisure and travel offers
With so many career pathways and training opportunities available, we’ll help you transform your future and support you every step of the way.
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
- Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)