Intern at J.P. Morgan

£0 annually
August 2015

My role ensured that I received a great overview of a global financial institution, receiving presentations from various different departments at JPMorgan. There was a lot of interaction with employees especially with those in my particular department - UK Credit Markets. I learnt a lot about the credit markets and experienced their live functioning. I was also required complete a project which was based around producing a financial sheet for a company.

I feel I have gained valuable knowledge and skills over my two weeks at JPMorgan. A particular skill of mine that, I feel, has improved greatly has been networking. The various networking events that were organised for us were very helpful in this matter. I think my interpersonal skills have also improved greatly.

I enjoyed the programme very much and it exceeded all my expectations. The culture in the workplace and the friendly atmosphere really added to the enjoyment of the programme. I also learnt a lot about banking which I think was really important for me because it aided me in realising that I would like to pursue a career in banking.

4. How valued do you feel by J.P. Morgan?

Very valued. All employees were very friendly and were willing to help me out whenever I required assistance. I felt particularly valued at the Managing Director's Tea as very senior employees were willing to spend time with us and answer any questions that we may have had - this was very helpful.

It was very well structured and organised. There was a great variety of tasks and activities and this added to the enjoyment of the programme. All activities were also thoroughly engaging each in their own respects.

N/A

I have been provided with mentor who works at JPMorgan. I have stayed in contact with him through email and he has been great in terms of providing career related advice and he has also aided me with my university application.

£000

N/A

9a. Would you recommend J.P. Morgan to a friend? *

The culture in JPMorgan is amazing. I know it would be a great place to work even though my time there was very short. I think this makes JPMorgan stand out from other institutions - it is a USP for them.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to J.P. Morgan? *

I would say that a real interest in banking should be clearly evident. I don't think there is a better way to gain any sort of internship etc. other than this.