intern at J.P. Morgan

£0 annually
August 2015

9.7/10

I received teach-ins about each department of the company.I met individually with many professional employees and was able to learn from their experiences. I received a project to complete.

I really developed my interpersonal skills, in particular my networking skills and confidence. I also gained a deep insight into the finance and banking industry.

I thoroughly enjoyed the programme. The people were very supportive. Every day I learnt something new.

4. How valued do you feel by J.P. Morgan?

Everyone was very willing to answer my questions and spare some of their valuable time to spend with me.

It was very well-organized. It enabled me to learn a lot about the company and the industry step by step.

I was linked with a mentor whom I spent a lot of time with. She was very willing to support me by helping me with any problems in my project, talking about my grades and personal statement, among other things.

They helped me arrange many one-to-one meetings with people I wanted to talk to.

They helped to cover all costs, including, accommodation, transport and food.

They arranged many events to help build my soft skills, such as a trip to the National Theatre where we received a talk about how to loosen up before giving a speech.

9a. Would you recommend J.P. Morgan to a friend? *

The people there are very happy to help. There are always plenty of opportunities to to learn.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to J.P. Morgan? *

Don't be afraid to be proactive and always be as approachable as possible