Technology Apprentice at Fidelity International

Connect with Fidelity International

9.6/10

I support our Equity and Fixed income traders on a day to day basis whereby I will provide technical support where required. We (as a team) also support the entire trading platform used by the EQ and FI traders.

I have learnt a substantial amount of skills most of them are being learn whilst on the job but some of them Java for example I will learn externally at QA.

I thoroughly enjoy this programme as I feel I am being treated as an equal employee not as an apprentice and I feel I am being given great opportunities.

4. How valued do you feel by Fidelity International?

As mentioned in the above question I feel I am being treated as an equal employee and being given great opportunities and fantastic involvement throughout projects.

I feel the programme is very well structured although being in a front line support team I sometimes feel it is difficult to make time for the learning section but my manager is aware of this and very understanding.

I feel like I receive ample support from my training provider as we have regular meetings and also I can email if I ever get stuck.

I receive a vast amount of support from my employer whether it is guidance with problems/issues in my day to day job or whether it is something more general to do with day to day questions/queries.

My salary meets my costs very well. Commuting into London can be a bit of a pain but I've gotten used to it now.

There are many Company events/activities that I receive emails about and therefore there are many opportunities available to me.

9a. Would you recommend Fidelity International to a friend? *

Because they are a great company who provides great opportunities and you are treated as a perm employee as soon as you start.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Fidelity International? *

Take as much time as possible filling out your application form and make sure you prepare for your interviews well in advance.