Planning Trainee Degree Apprenticeship
by Laing O'Rourke
Planning Trainee Degree Apprenticeship
As a trainee planner, you will work with a project planner to provide planning support. This role will have a high degree of learning as you hone your planning and interpersonal skills.
Key Deliverables and Accountabilities
- Learn planning
- Record site progress and issues
- Mark up charts, drawings as necessary to communicate the progress position
- Communicate progress and issues to the site team
- Learn how to produce scheme programmes
- Communicate with internal departments to give and receive information
- Produce detailed realistic scheme programmes with assistance from project planner and site team with aim of producing unaided
- Liaise with site team to check on progress and issues
- Monitor production and collate as built information
- Collate production output m/wk or m/man per technique
- Learn and use Planning Project Management software
- Assist in the development project specific planning control system
- Assist in producing detailed schedules itemising key constraints
- Assist in Integrating and support the material management procedures
- Assist in producing reporting
Opportunities in the North, Midlands, and South of England
Apprenticeship Level and Standard
Construction Site Supervisor Level 4, leading on to Construction Site Manager Level 6 (degree)
Laing O'Rourke collaborate with trusted and approved training providers for our apprenticeship delivery. Successful candidates will be required to make an application to our preferred provider for the apprenticeship route you have chosen.
Applicants must have either:
3 A Levels must include Maths and a Science Subject
BTEC Extended Diploma in a construction related subject (Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction and Built Environment etc)
We are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit
- Entry grades will be listed within each job description, and they will differ from role to role
- To qualify for this programme, you will need to have a minimum of three A-Levels/or equivalent
The Laing O'Rourke Professional Apprenticeship Programme - what can you expect?
Our professional apprenticeship programme has been developed to ensure you are supported throughout every step of your journey, combining work-based experience with off-the-job training. You will be stretched, challenged, and supported by a business that views your professional development and formal qualification as a priority.
Our programme will provide a fully funded day or block release Level 4 (HNC) and/or Level 6 (degree) apprenticeship in your chosen vocation, while working as a full time Laing O'Rourke employee. It will also include a series of bespoke development modules, and technical training opportunities, strategically placed to support you at key stages of your apprenticeship journey. During the programme you will work across a range of projects, which will offer the breadth and variety to support your occupational competency and will contribute towards the achievement of your apprenticeship and professional accreditation.
About Laing O'Rourke
We are Laing O’Rourke. We design, manufacture, engineer and build iconic buildings and complex infrastructure projects used by millions of people every day. It’s our mission to be the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. To achieve that, we’ve long been focused on innovation as a positive force for change, challenging practices and investing in the latest technology and platforms.
Our professional apprenticeship programme has been developed to ensure you are supported throughout every step of your journey, combining work-based experience with off-the-job training. You will be stretched, challenged and supported by a business that views your professional development and formal qualification as a priority.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.