Babcock is an international defence company operating in our focus countries of the UK, Australasia, Canada, France, and South Africa, with exports to additional markets with potential to become focus counties. We meet our customers’ key requirements of affordability, availability, and capability by delivering engineering, support and critical systems to defence and civil markets.
If you’ve got an interest in business, engineering, science or technology, a Babcock apprenticeship could be for you.
As a Babcock apprentice, you will gain hands-on experience in the workplace while also undertaking a part-time course with a training provider.
We offer a competitive apprentice starting salary and benefits, this varies between £12,000 to £22,000 per annum, dependant on the apprenticeship level, discipline and location. You can find the specific salary on the individual job posting.
As an apprentice, you’ll also receive a superb package of benefits including personal development training and opportunities, a minimum of 28 days of holiday including bank holidays and a competitive pension scheme.
As you progress through your career, you’ll have the opportunity to pursue further education opportunities and higher-level qualifications.
We are very proud that apprentices choose to stay with us long after completion of their apprenticeship. In fact, many of our senior managers started their careers as apprentices in Babcock.
Our application process is broken down into four clear steps. If you have any questions about the status of your application – or if you have any special requirements – contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications are reviewed in the order they are received, so don’t delay in submitting yours.
- Apply online
- Once you click ‘Apply’, you’ll be taken to our application site. Set up a candidate profile and you can apply for roles throughout Babcock.
- Online assessments
- If you’re shortlisted, you’ll be asked to complete some online assessments. These help us select candidates to invite to our assessment centres or interview.
- Interview/assessment centre
- Our assessment centres and interviews typically run from September to March around the UK and online. This is our chance to find out more about you and your chance to find out more about us.
- Soon after your final assessment, we’ll let you know if you’ve secured a place.
- Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Degree Apprenticeship
- Higher Level Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Apprenticeship