1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice Build Engineer Have to work with people in each department (E.G. Engine, ERS, Inspection)learning and assembling parts for the championship winning F1 engine.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I am currently completing a HNC and an NVQ level 3. I have also have training in manual lifting, geometric dimensioning and toleranceing and High voltage training.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The work is great and very hands on. The team are very easy to get along with and like to have a bit of a laugh. The company exceeded my expectations because I though there was going to be a lot of standing and watching because it is a very expensive powertrain but they are more than happy for you to help create the powertrain.
4. How valued do you feel by Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains?
they do make you feel appreciated because they actually need your help and will give you the credit you deserve for the jobs that you do
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
So far the organisation between college, semta and work has not been great a few things have got a bit mixed up but its not too bad.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive a lot of support from my semta apprenticeship leader he visits pretty much once a month or more to make sure that we are getting on ok.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We have meetings with the head of our department and hr every few months to make sure that everything is going well and if there is anything that we would recommend changing.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I live at home with my parents so I am very happy with the salary that we get paid.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there are not to many of these but you do get the rare opportunity to go trackside if you are lucky and there is a possibility of being able to go to brackley F1 where the car chassis is made.
9a. Would you recommend Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because it is an excellent course where you are supported in your work and it is an amazing company and a great opportunity.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains? *
Just be yourself and don't worry about the interviews the guys are very easy to get along with and very easy going.
Do your research on the company before hand and turn up in a suit!
More from Mercedes AMG High Performance PowertrainsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
- Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)