1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many engineering skills and theories as well as life skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed the programme very much overall.
4. How valued do you feel by Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains?
I don't feel valued by Mercedes AMG HPP, the majority of managers don't value apprentices or employees for that matter and it feels very cliquey. However there are some managers and some employees who are some of the nicest people I have met and seem to want to help you progress in your learning and career. These are the people that make work feel easier.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Now the programme feels to be structured but for the previous two years it was all a bit messy. This was either due to 3 different training developers and 4 different NVQ tutors.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
There was much confusion when I started and continued for the next two years. I have experienced 4 different NVQ tutors 3 of which have been below adequate. However my last tutor has been very good and has turned the course around for me single handed.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The support is there if needed, however nobody seems to be interested and the company is very corporate in that way. However they have paid for my courses at the end of the day and I should appreciate that.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary package meets my costs very well as I still live at home. However I couldn't comment on whether it is enough for apprentices who have moved down close to the company. But personally it is one of the better paid apprenticeships.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are two company activities a year. This includes a summer fun day and Christmas party. Both of which have been very pleasant experiences so far where the drivers come along and interact with employees.
9a. Would you recommend Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
As I was a part of the first set of apprentices for Mercedes, where they were running a new scheme there were initial problems however for new starters these issues have been resolved by now and will ensure the next set of apprentices to have a good experience.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains? *
Research the company fully and show interest in what you are doing. Always ask questions!!
More from Mercedes AMG High Performance PowertrainsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
- Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)