1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role as a maintenance technician is to keep the factory running basically. It involves maintaining and repairing equipment and machines. At the moment I am on a Rota where on a morning I am repairing welding harnesses and also replenishing the harnesses on the shop floor
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Since starting college I thought I had learned a lot, however that was just the fundamentals. However, when arriving at work and after being there for months I have learned a lot more.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have enjoyed this programme since day one as it was new to me and it's great knowing that I am part of a team.
4. How valued do you feel by Caterpillar?
I feel everyone at caterpillar take pride in working for caterpillar so I feel I am in a good workplace and take pride of working here too. In the apprenticeship scheme you get a lot of recognition for what you do.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The scheme is great. The company make sure you are fully trained and aware of everything that is happening. Although I haven't needed support. There is always support there if you need it.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As an apprentice you get a lot of support due to the trainers being friendly and in the past they have been apprentices so they know what it feels like.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The manager, hr team and mentors are all there to support you and you can seek help via these people due to them being friendly.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Living on the doorstep is ideal for me to work at caterpillar and they pay is also good for an apprentice.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is lots of activities to do outside of work. For example, stem events, business ambassador and trips.
9. Would you recommend Caterpillar to a friend?
All round great apprenticeship.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Caterpillar?
Be confident in interviews and don't be afraid to take the role as a leader in a group activity.
More from CaterpillarMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!