1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My job title is a Robot Technician. As part of my daily tasks I have to fix and maintain robots in order to keep the line moving. I interact with all employees daily as well as shadowing a fully trained robot technician. I go out to schools regularly and promote apprenticeships. As part of my apprenticeship I have many responsibilities, such as; time keeping and punctuality. I have a project on going at college, it involves redesigning a jig. I enjoy working.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Overall I have developed a number of new skills since starting my apprenticeship, such as welding, fabrication and programming.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I greatly enjoy my apprenticeship, the level of experience gained is fantastic. The company is great. Caterpillar offer a shares and pension scheme for all apprenticeships which I like. Caterpillar met and surpassed all my expectations. I really enjoy it.
4. How valued do you feel by Caterpillar?
I feel very valued by Caterpillar. They treat all the apprentices very well. All the management team treat me well, offering any help and support I need.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Overall the program is very well organized and well structured. The training and support is great.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My training provider provides a huge amount of support and guidance.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer also provides a great level of support. Management, HR and my mentor all help and support me.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
For a second year apprentice, my wage is very good. I manage to pay for all of my expenses including living, travel and daily costs.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Outside of work there a numerous opportunities to promote apprenticeships. There are team building exercises.
9. Would you recommend Caterpillar to a friend?
Caterpillar is a great company with many opportunities to go higher within the company. I would recommend Caterpillar to a friend.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Caterpillar?
Be very positive.
More from CaterpillarMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!