Supply Chain Apprentice at Caterpillar

East of England
May 2017

i work on different placements around the supply chain within Caterpillar and this includes working with suppliers, customers and track programmers. I thoroughly enjoy my current role as it is extremely rewarding and enjoyable

I have learnt the different ways in which a business can operate in order to achieve required targets. I have learnt my level 4 Business and administration course and this has helped me in my placements understand the needs of customers.

I thoroughly enjoy the programme I am working on at the minute because I am able to interact with fellow team members and meet the targets I am set in each placement.

4. How valued do you feel by Caterpillar?

I am shows gratitude from all around me for the work I complete, managers, colleagues, suppliers. I am involved in projects with quality/ process improvement, feeling as though I can contribute and add value.

Very well structured, brilliant induction programme with engine appreciation and a model track to understand the processes completed. Brilliant study time and good course.

We have monthly visits from our training provider and feel that every week we are given support and advice when discussing what is happening at work. Very helpful with any issues.

Vast amounts of support. Constant updates on company performance, fortnightly reviews with management to assess progress and welfare, extremely grateful.

Extremely well, on a very fair, respectable salary for an apprenticeship, enough to cover all costs necessary.

Yes, plenty of opportunities, fitness schemes, clubs, team bonding nights etc. Chance to take part in activities with colleagues all the time.

9. Would you recommend Caterpillar to a friend?

Excellent first step in career development, brilliant company to work for.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Caterpillar?

Enjoy it, the interview is not as stressful as imagined, very relaxing and welcoming, great group of people throughout the business.