1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I Provide maintenance cover for production, test and finish at Perkins engines
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I have learnt a vast array of new skills from learning how to machine metal during my hand fitting and turning classes at college to problem solving while on breakdowns while I'm at work.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have always enjoyed try to excel in my personal passions and my apprenticeship has given me every means to do so.
4. How valued do you feel by Caterpillar?
Currently as I am only an apprentice I don't have much resting on my shoulders but when I am fully qualified I feel like I will be a key part of a team.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
In work my training is very good. College I have had a less engaging experience due to the lack of organisation by Peterborough regional college.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel like the support I get is lacking, however this is because of the 46 other apprentices on my course meaning there isn't much space when it comes to getting assistance.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Not as much as id like but enough to help me progress.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Not very well, I struggle to save enough to everyday things like a deposit for a house.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Caterpillar to a friend?
Good company to work for, good incentives
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Caterpillar?
being knowledgeable in engineering helps a lot.
More from CaterpillarMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!