Financial crime Administrator at FCA

Central London & City
May 2017

My role is to support my team on a project we are doing assessing a wide range of firms and managing cases.

I have developed my excel skills and have become more confident in communication and presentations.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this programme, not a dull moment.

4. How valued do you feel by FCA?

I feel fairly valued by the FCA. Although the apprenticeship did not seem to be given much attention the HR Team working with us were very supportive and consistent.

Being the first apprentice programme there were a lot of obstacles causing the scheme to be a lot less structured/organised than plan however I believe this was dealt with in the best way possible.

My training provider for CII could not be any more supportive.

The FCA HR staff and line mangers/managers were extremely supportive and consistent throughout the programme.

The salary was satisfactory, although the travel cost appeared to not have been considered.

We had opportunities to speak about our experiences in schools/colleges which I thoroughly enjoyed.

9. Would you recommend FCA to a friend?

It is just a great feeling to work at a place like the FCA making a real difference, helping real people and being treated very well. The role is very rewarding.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to FCA?

Read up on what the FCA really does. Do not read into the fact that you are not a finance expert, we deal with real life issues you would be involved with in one way or another. Apply with a 'can do' attitude. Be yourself, do not be afraid to be different.