1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is to support my team on a project we are doing assessing a wide range of firms and managing cases.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my excel skills and have become more confident in communication and presentations.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have thoroughly enjoyed this programme, not a dull moment.
4. How valued do you feel by FCA?
I feel fairly valued by the FCA. Although the apprenticeship did not seem to be given much attention the HR Team working with us were very supportive and consistent.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Being the first apprentice programme there were a lot of obstacles causing the scheme to be a lot less structured/organised than plan however I believe this was dealt with in the best way possible.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My training provider for CII could not be any more supportive.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The FCA HR staff and line mangers/managers were extremely supportive and consistent throughout the programme.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary was satisfactory, although the travel cost appeared to not have been considered.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
We had opportunities to speak about our experiences in schools/colleges which I thoroughly enjoyed.
9. Would you recommend FCA to a friend?
It is just a great feeling to work at a place like the FCA making a real difference, helping real people and being treated very well. The role is very rewarding.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to FCA?
Read up on what the FCA really does. Do not read into the fact that you are not a finance expert, we deal with real life issues you would be involved with in one way or another. Apply with a 'can do' attitude. Be yourself, do not be afraid to be different.
More from FCAMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!