Guy Carpenter Apprenticeship - Witham, Essex
by Marsh McLennan
Guy Carpenter Apprenticeship - Witham, Essex
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC).
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company.
Guy Carpenter Apprenticeship Programme
About the Programme
- 18 month Apprenticeship programme to start in October 2024
- 18 months is a combination of business learning and studying for your Cert CII qualification within a fully supported Level 3 Apprenticeship programme.
- Full time permanent role with a competitive salary.
- A complete learning experience of Guy Carpenter and the wider industry through a range of training events, networking activities and business support.
- Have 20% of your work time dedicated to focus and develop the required skills, knowledge and behaviours to achieve the apprenticeship.
- A range of roles available within our Client Support Services, successful candidates will be matched to a suitable position as part of the assessment process.
What do we value?
- 96 UCAS points at A-Level or equivalent (BTEC, T-LEVEL etc) Applicants at A-Level will need to enter n/a in the degree field to bypass this section of their application.
- 5 GCSE’s at Grades 9 – 4 (including English & Maths)
- Right to Work in the UK
- Desire to succeed in a competitive environment where building relationships is the key to your success
- Highly effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Organisation, planning and problem-solving skills
- Numerically confident with strong analytical skills; and
- Exceptional IT skills – such as (but not limited to) an ability to use a variety of Microsoft products to a high standard, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
What is a typical ‘Day in the Life’ of a Guy Carpenter Apprentice.
Roles will vary dependent upon the business unit, however Apprentices can expect to:
- Gain an understanding of how Guy Carpenter (GC) meets the needs of its clients;
- Gain an understanding of the key principles of risk, insurance and reinsurance;
- Effectively deal with a variety of business situations through “on-the-job” experience;
- Build a network with fellow trainees on the programme, alumni from previous years and stakeholders from across the business; and
- Understanding the different roles within the industry and how they interact with each other
- Contributing to the achievement of own and departmental targets, key performance indicators and business objectives.
- Researching ways to resolve issues and achieve the best possible outcome for GC and its clients.
- Managing and prioritising workload to meet deadlines while maintaining high standard and integrity of service to GC Business Divisions and external clients.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with GC colleagues, clients and external parties.
- Proactively managing tasks in accordance with specific client requirements and in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Producing and maintaining accurate documentation and financial records.
- Contributing to internal and external meetings and support projects or enquiries
What’s in it for you?
- Support during your qualification
- Joining a Company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Access to Employee Resource Groups
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- Volunteer opportunities
Our Application Process:
- Please submit your CV and completing a short questionnaire
- If you meet our criteria, you will be asked to complete a telephone screenin
- If successful, you will be invited to the final stage; an in-person Assessment Centre.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We provide our colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
About Marsh McLennan
Marsh McLennan is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Our 83,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue of over $20 billion, we help corporate and public sector leaders navigate an increasingly dynamic environment through four market-leading businesses - Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. Together, we address the most complex challenges of our time.
It is a permanent position (18-24 month programme); receive an industry recognised qualification - Level 3 Insurance Practitioner qualifications accredited by the Charted Institute of Insurance (CII)
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.