Project Coordinator at CGI

Reading
Sponsored Degree Programme

Connect with CGI

7.7/10

Since joining in 2013 I have worked in two different roles. In my first role I helped coordinate the change work on the programme I worked on which included proposal writing, estimating, and presenting proposed solutions to management for their review.

I have since started working on a roll-out project and have been responsible for the day-to-day scheduling of sites across the UK and Europe.

This job has helped to develop my commercial and analytical thinking as well as further developing 'soft skills' such as how I interact with colleagues. I have also learnt, largely through observing my manager, how to effectively manage a client relationship.

I have enjoyed the challenge that my job presents me and it is an enjoyable work environment to be in. In comparison to work, I have not found university as interesting and have been somewhat disappointed by the quality of teaching and organisation/professionalism.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at CGI

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

I find that CGI rewards their employees/members well and feel that I am valued by CGI. An example of this would be incentives such as the share purchase plan along with other benefits that the company offers.

The programme is relatively well structured with quite a lot of involvement from CGI with the university. However, I think there is a need for more organisation for on-boarding and helping to find a first job role.

We receive a suitable amount of support from the university which we attend on a weekly basis during term time. Tutors are available to book tutorials with and offer advice when needed.

By having a workplace mentor, people manager and line manager, all of whom are very supportive, I have received a good amount of support from my employer which has helped me to develop.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at CGI

I have had quite low living costs so it hasn't been too much of a problem for me. However, I know that in the first year it was a bit of a struggle for a few people. CGI also cover travel expenses for travel outside of your normal commute which minimises costs as well.

The company has a sports and social club which I have enjoyed attending. Events have included steak tasting evening and quiz nights as well as weekly sports events i.e. football, basketball etc.

9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *

I feel that CGI provides quite a lot of room for development and due to the varied areas that we work in, it gives an opportunity to try out a variety of different roles

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *

In an interview, provide evidence which demonstrates that you have excelled in a certain area, whether that's in education or another area such as sports.