1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assisting in both Mechanical & Electrical Design. Drafting information into lots of different software to create drawings or calculation. A couple of these are Revit, AutoCAD and IES
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Learning new skills everyday whether it is design related or Software related.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is a great apprenticeship, no day is the same and get to work on lots of interesting projects
4. How valued do you feel by Mott MacDonald?
everyone treats me equally and with the same respect as other colleagues & am involved the same as others.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is very well structured. I attend college one day a week and have a work based evidence collection (NVQ) targets to complete as well.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
generally very good, however certain tutors are less helpful than others
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
as much as I could ask for. anything I need im assisted with
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
considering that Mott Macdonald are paying for my education I get paid very well.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
we have a sports and social club that offer activities most weeks after work
9. Would you recommend Mott MacDonald to a friend?
Great place to work, very supportive and good pay
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mott MacDonald?
do plenty of research on the company and the job role. Learning the basics of any software such as CAD or Revit is always good, produce something simple and take it to the interview.
More from Mott MacDonaldMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!