1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a IT Specialist. This is a very generic name but I specialise in development and testing.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed knowledge and skills through internal events/online training but mainly from other IBMers.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy it when I am busy (which is never!). The majority of the time I am bored with nothing to do (even if I ask for work).
4. How valued do you feel by IBM?
No. It is hard to get noticed.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I don't know what I need to do for the programme. There is no structure/criteria in my eyes.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I am a very independent person and I only ask for help when I really am clueless. IBMers are very supportive and are always willing to help if you need it.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As I said previously I only ask for support when I really need it.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
15K is not enough with the amount of travel I do (which IBM don't cover).
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
As many as you want.
9a. Would you recommend IBM to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
The people are great. The structure and apprenticeship just seems like its missing something to me.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to IBM? *
Simply be yourself.
More from IBMMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!