Junior Project Manager at IBM

Connect with IBM

7.7/10

Global PMO Administrator I deal daily with the finances on the account. I make sure the correct people are claiming their time to the correct areas. This involves communication with project managers on a daily basis.

My communication skills have increased a lot.

I really enjoy it. I look forward to going to work in the morning. The company are really helpful and offer so many training opportunities. The apprenticeship has definitely met my expectations.

4. How valued do you feel by IBM?

I feel within my Team I am valued which is a nice feeling, however I feel that within foundation I am just another apprentice.

The structure and organisation couldnt is very good, its been really well thought about.

I feel this could be better, without going into to much detail I feel the mentoring system could do with a few changes.

My Task Manager is amazing and I am very lucky to have such intelligent and helpful people around me. I have learnt huge amounts from my manager and he is always willing to help me.

I think the salary compares very well against other apprenticeships, however it is quite frustrating that I work in a team with graduates that are doing the exact same level of work as i am yet they are payed double what I am on. I find that the £15,000 a year covers my living and social costs to a reasonable level. I dont have money left over but i can afford to live quite comfortably. When I joined IBM we were told that there is the potential to receive a £2000 pay rise every 6 months for the first 3 years and after speaking to the apprentices on my induction they had received their first pay rise after 5 months. I have now been with IBM for 8 months and have not heard much about a pay rise.

Yes there many volunteering opportunites

9a. Would you recommend IBM to a friend? *

Because the company is a brilliant way to enter the world of business.It enable you to work with people who have endless experience and are willing to help at all times.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to IBM? *

I would of liked to been provided with a more concrete payment plan, i.e when we will receive pay rises if any at all. The only tips and advice i would give is learn as much about the company as possible.