- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Howdens to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Howdens?
In SHE, I have my own projects on Change Management systems, Environmental Guidance note writing, and carbon data reporting. I am often out and about in the factories and recently have become involved in CDM projects on site. This involves going out and auditing the processes.
My confidence and independence in my work has grown significantly. I am able to reflect on my days and respond to situations appropriately rather than dwelling on mistakes or incidents. I have learnt a lot about the underlining management systems of the business and how important they are.
I thoroughly enjoy the degree apprenticeship both through the work I’m doing and the learning too. As much as it can be challenging at times, Howdens are extremely supportive when it comes to my university work. They have made the process simple and give plenty of time to complete work.
All the university work is in one place and I can access this 24/7. It is set out in a simple form with due dates very clear. Howdens allow enough time to complete this work and I am able to plan my own days based on my work.
The support I get from Howdens is outstanding. My line manager takes the time to understand what work I am doing through university and ensures the work I am doing relates to this. I know I can ask any questions and Howdens will do what they can to help.
Corndel offer a huge amount of support through my PDE. We have monthly 1-2-1’s as well as fortnightly workshops with the rest of the cohort. This gives us the opportunity to ask questions to my PDE as well as people doing the same course from other companies.
The work we receive from university help me to develop personally as well as understanding business processes. This changes from module to module so there is a wide range of learning that helps me in my role.
There are multiple award nights throughout the year. There are opportunities to get involved in footballs teams. We also concentrate highly on mental health and have wellbeing representatives around site.
Howdens are all about their people. They think highly of every employee and actively want to look after the people that work for them. The offer many benefits throughout your employment and make sure everyone is heard.
As much as it can seem overwhelming or scary, everyone that works at Howdens is welcoming and open to helping or having a chat if needed.
Howden, East Riding of Yorkshire