Store Apprentice at Aldi

Manchester

9.0/10

Starting off the apprenticeship requires you to know how the shop works from a basic level for this 1st year. I do many different roles such as stock rotation, teamwork, till work, customer interaction.

I have learnt a few skills whilst doing the apprenticeship, such as time keeping, cooperation,organisation product management, stock rotation, customer satisfaction.

I enjoyed the programme very much the people who I worked with I got on with very well, I didn't start on my own I started with a group who were also recruited, I have met some very lovely customers throughout the programme however there is the occasional one which no one wants to deal with.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel like I am a valued by Aldi as they take the time to put effort into me personally by giving feedback on a regular basis you also see the area manager quite often who asks how I am finding the programme and if I need help they always do their best to help me.

It is work based and very well organised, my tutor comes into my place of work to do the coursework side of it, the time of my scheme is also well structured in the 1st year I learn the shop in the second I start managerial duties.

I have a constant contact from my training provider (Trafford college) as they come I for a personal visit once a month but also email me on a regular basis to see if everything is ok.

I have had a lot of support throughout the programme from my employer, they are very helpful and are always there if an issue or a problem comes up.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

I start out at £5.30 an hour this covers my travelling expense very well as I can get the tram or a bus to work.

There are many things people from work organise such as 5 a side and nights out, the only bad thing about it is that if you're in late (2-10) or on an early (5-2) it's harder to do these events because you don't feel up to it all the time.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

It's very good to work for as you are always doing something, this makes the time go quicker. Also for an apprenticeship wage it is extremely good it's currently higher than the minimum wage for under 21's this helps you as you have the finance to do things and get to work so you feel you are being well rewarded for your hard work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Be yourself but before you apply go in and visit an Aldi and ask for yourself what they do at that store.