1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
On level 2 my dutys range from stock filling and cashiering to management/admin giving me a wider sight of what working in Aldi is like
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt lots of new skills mainly people skills and how to run/be part of a team
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy the programme when I am learning new things but as with all jobs sometimes you get stuck doing the same thing a lot of the time
4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?
I am being fast tracked so I feel like I am progressing quickly and the managers and area manager make me feel like an important part of the team
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The college side of the apprenticeship is getting better but I cannot say it is great because we had issues with our original training provider going into admin however Aldi is not to blame
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
What we do with our training provider is mainly tests and exams
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot, rotas are flexible to suit needs and if I have any problems what so ever I know I can speak to someone about it
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Not so well, obviously Aldis apprenticeship wage is better than almost anywhere but you feel like your doing the same if not more work than some of the deputy's almost half the pay
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not really its pretty much supermarket opportunities at the moment but no other compares to Aldi with regards to pay and friendliness
9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because they are a really good employer hours are flexible pay is good what more can you want
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *
It's extremely hard work so if you know you haven't got the drive don't bother but if you think you do it can be really rewarding
More from AldiMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!