Payroll Consultant at CGI

Didsbury, Manchester

Connect with CGI

8.0/10

My title is Payroll Consultant, this involves helping the client and employees with queries regarding pay. I also input data into the payroll, for example court orders and P45s. Pay day is always the busiest day of the month whereby I help employees with their pay queries or any tax issues, how tax is calculated. It keeps me up to date with the latest legislation and I can pass this on to others.

I have learnt how to use a Bespoke payroll system on a day to day basis, I have further developed my customer service skills and I will gain a Level 2 in payroll when I have finished my course.

I really enjoy my programme. It has taken a few months to settle in due to a big change in career as previously moving from retail.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at CGI

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

I do feel valued by CGI and by my fellow team members. They have helped with my progress.

Quite structured. So far my assessor will come into the business roughly every 8 weeks. She is always there on the phone or via email if needed.

A great deal when I require it.

Good support, help is always there whenever I request it.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at CGI

My salary is lower than my previous but as an apprentice I did expect this. I am still able to afford living costs.

I have not yet attended any company events

9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *

Lots of benefits such as good pension scheme, shares scheme.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *

Be confident and show previous experience and knowledge. Research the company before hand. Show a will to succeed.