Business Trainee at EY

School Leaver Programme
1st May 2015

Connect with EY

8.8/10

Emailing clients, emailing the bank, speaking to creditors, adjudicating claims, filing, helping on pitches for clients, margin modelling etc.

Excel skills, business writing, been on several insolvency-specific training courses.

Depending on the project, it can be very enjoyable. I like my team and the company invests a lot into its people.

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

Feedback is given regularly and recognition awards are given sometimes

There is a strict structure in place. When I joined, I had a buddy to help me with any questions. I have a counsellor to help with my career progression. There is a schools team and an exam training team who we communicate with regularly.

We are trained externally. The college hasn't always been very supportive but there are new plans in place so that this will be different going forward. This was following a discussion between school leavers and one of our partners.

My team is very supportive and understanding of the fact that I am new and that I often have exams

I receive a higher wage because I am in the London office. My company pays for my annual train ticket and takes it out of my salary which means I don't have to pay for it upfront.

Because EY is such a large firm, there are many opportunities to get involved with e.g. EY Tate Arts Partnership, sports teams etc.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

The school leaver programme is a great way of getting into business without incurring high levels of university debt. It is an unparalleled experience

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *