Smart futures student at EY

Glasgow

Connect with EY

6.9/10

The first two weeks were focused on team building and using skills from school in the workplace. The third week was in the office and each day we were given tasks to complete by our mentors and sometimes asked to give short presentations on our completed tasks.

I feel that over the three weeks, I improved my communication skills as every day I was meeting new people to work with. I also developed my presentation skills as this was involved in many of our tasks.

Overall I enjoyed the programme although I found a few of the presentations uninteresting.

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

I don't feel overly valued at EY as I understand I was very low on the organisation chart and was only there for a very short period of time. However the time I did spend at EY, I felt that there was a lot of attention given to our group.

I felt that the programme ran smoothly considering it was the first time it had run in Scotland. Although there were some delays organising mentors.

The support offered by EY was minimal however, others may have used it to its full potential.

Im currently in full time education therefore the minimum wage for 16 year olds was sufficient.

There are plenty of opportunities outside of EY.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

Having experience with EY can be an advantage in further employment.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *

Take time applying but do not go without the deadline.