Auditor at EY

Manchester
24th April 2015

Connect with EY

8.4/10

For the first two weeks, I met up with members of EY at various networking events and learnt what it meant to be a part of the company. In the final week I worked in the Audit department and did various jobs with clients, and actually went out to client offices to see what Auditing is like.

The most important skill I have learnt through this programme is to be confident when meeting new people and when presenting something.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable programme, EY put so much effort into this, and we had so many day trips, even all the way to Liverpool.

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

Extremely valued. They have invited all the alumni back to an event so they could see how well we were getting on and brought in a client to speak to us about how he got his business to where it is today.

Before we had even began we had a schedule telling us what we were doing each day and what we would need. Also when the programme had ended I were assigned to a mentor, whom I meet up with every month to catch up about work, college and anything else.

Only work experience, not applicable

Only work experience, not applicable

Easily covers my travel costs, which at my age is the only costs I have to pay

At this time, as it was only work experience, there were none.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

It was a fantastic experience, and everyone at EY really cared about about the programme and the company.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *

Be yourself, be confident, that is what they are looking for. At assessment days, speak to the other candidates as most of the time they are watching what you are doing. Do your research ready for your interview, and make sure that they know you have done it, use it in the interview.