PMO Support Analyst at Nomura

April 2015

I am PMO, so ideally I do multiple things such as attend meetings to regularly update or be updated. I take notes to cover what's happening. I deal with helping Programme Managers as well as Project Managers with certain task.

Since starting here I have become much more efficient with Outlook and different capabilities it has, as well as this a major factor is confidence and being able to attend meetings and be guiding the progress.

I enjoy what I do very much as I see constant improvement's and progress with projects constantly. Also finding I am doing different things everyday.

4. How valued do you feel by Nomura?

Nomura treat you very well, and daily I am meeting new people who have been kind and shown me around. My manager regularly checks on my progress and praises me on good work, same as my co-workers.

Here it is very organised, even if there is major changes there is still a strong structure.

My training providers are very good and reply to all queries very quickly.

Again I receive a constant support.

Here at Nomura they pay you a brilliant salary, so my costs are all well covered.

At my work I have already competed in a company dodgeball tournament, as well as social events with my co-workers.

9a. Would you recommend Nomura to a friend? *

Nomura is a amazing company to work for, and for me to want to be here as long as possible makes this even more a reason to encourage them to work here.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nomura? *

Personally I believe you should be honest, and show a good round of knowledge within the company and job role. However, most importantly that you are willing to go the extra mile to do the work. For example I choose to do extra time at work just so I know I can do all the work asked of me.