1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- Meeting deadlines for various projects
- Creating a project plan e.g Requirement documents, schedule plan, communication plan with all stakeholders
- Meeting minutes
- Creating new ideas for project in the early phases
- Test the project outputs once it's completed
- Reporting back to the to my manager on the current status of the project
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
How to write a requirement documents for the appropriate stakeholder. Communicating with different stakeholders that are involved in the project. Improve more with my CV e.g the layout, how structure my paragraphs
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Most of my team members are helpful and easy to approach. Culture of the company is great! They offer a great work-life balance.
4. How valued do you feel by Nomura?
Involved in more projects and getting exposed to the different projects within my team. My manager always shows that I'm part of the team.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Meetings with my assessor every 6 weeks and catch up on the progress. 1-2-1 sessions with my tutor, preparation for my exam. Support from my manager as well - have time to revise
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Mainly from my tutor with the 1-2-1 sessions.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Support from my manger with any issues I have with work. Also with my teams, most of them are supportive including the team in India as well.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are different types of clubs that Nomura offer from tennis club, Japan club, football, karate and many more. They also offer volunteering work for different places e.g schools, homeless shelters, events run by Nomura. Nomura has a partnership with a charity and all the events the organised, the money goes towards the charity. It is another way to network with other colleagues in the firm and have the work-life balance.
9. Would you recommend Nomura to a friend?
Depending on the career and lifestyle they want. If they were looking to go into banking then it is a great place to start their career. However if it's not the type of career they are looking for, then I wouldn't recommend it.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nomura?
Mention what you would like to achieve when you work at Nomura and ask questions about the opportunities they have to offer.
More from NomuraMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!