- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend AstraZeneca to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to AstraZeneca?
Project planning, forecasting and reporting. Monitoring budgets, providing training, delivering improvement projects.
I am working towards my Greenbelt in Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement and Problem Solving. Learning how to apply lean tools and principles to support my team, department, function and the wider business.
There is a lot of admin involved but I've very much enjoyed meeting (virtually) and learning with individuals from other non-pharma organisations.
Extremely well organised. A good introduction, setting expectations, including my own Line Manager. Always fully supported by both AZ and training organisation.
I'd give this 11 out of 10 if I could! Everyone at AZ from my Line Manager, Project Sponsor and even my own team have been so supportive of my apprenticeship work. Everyone is willing me to succeed and it's massively appreciated and of course really helpful.
Tutor is extremely knowledgeable, helpful, supportive yet understands I also have a demanding day job. I always enjoy our interactions and find them beneficial in helping to move my project forwards.
I am studying Lean Six Sigma principles and tools which I have already applied to my day job. I am working on other improvement projects, also using and applying my learning.
Yes but not in the midst of a global pandemic!
You will be supported, encouraged to develop, celebrated when you succeed and helped when difficulties encountered, both professionally and personally. You will have so many opportunities to explore other areas of the business too. We have core values and behaviours that everyone believes in. It really is a great place to work. (Don't be influenced by the monthly salary I quoted - I thought this was too personal so gave a false figure!)
Don't think you have to conform to a standard, just be yourself, bring energy, enthusiasm and curiosity and you won't go wrong.
Level 3 Apprenticeship