- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Sage to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Sage?
My role is dealing with supplier set ups and amendments across various systems as well as closing periods on different systems to allow the accounting and payments teams to carry out month end tasks. I also set up and amend employee expense accounts working closely with the accounting and payments team.
I have not only learnt new skills but I have developed many skills too, both through my studies and in the workplace. I am currently studying my Level 4 AAT after successfully completing my AAT level 3 qualification. I have also carried out many internal training courses which has allowed me to develop and learn new skills.
I really enjoy my programme as it gives me great experience and exposure to the workplace and allows me to learn new skills. There are also many events working at Sage which is great social interaction. All team members are fantastic to work with and always willing to help out when needed.
The structure of the programme is fantastic, I attend college once a week which is a paid days leave to attend. If needed I also get time to complete college work in working hours. I always have support when needed. I never feel under pressure at work as I always know I get the support.
I receive the right amount of support from my employer, I get one day a week to attend college and before a an exam I get a study leave day to prepare for the exam. Any struggles with college I can bring up with my manager to get to a resolution.
I get a lot of support from my training provider, I get a day of tutoring a week and always have access to resources and receive guidance from my tutor.
I think my qualification helps me to perform better in my role as it has allowed me to develop many skills which really helps me to complete tasks in my role.
Sage have Sage foundation which is paid days to do volunteering and have many company events.
It is a great place to work with many benefits.
Be yourself and think about being innovative.
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Newcastle upon Tyne