1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a digital apprentice so i work in both Data analytics and audit. In data analytics we make data more accessible for the audit teams by using tools that cleanse the data. In audit we go through different processes to make sure our clients data is correct and accurate.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes i feel like i have learnt many new skills since joining EY. I would say that the most important skill i have learnt is stronger communication skills. We get the chance to talk to clients and also out teammates every day and so you automatically gain better communication skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have enjoyed the program so far and believe i will do so for the next 3 years. Talking to new people every day is something i enjoy greatly and is something you get at EY. Also solving challenges and learning new skills is something i enjoy, which we get in abundance at EY
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme can get confusing at times. However you have so many people that you can ask help to, so that makes it much more easier to understand what is going on within the programme. Uni is structured well and we know well before out lectures the data they will be on.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We receive quite a bit of help. EY gives us alot of people that we can ask help to. We get a buddy who is a year above us. And also a councilor who we can talk to if we need help or feel confused with what i going on.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
We receive alot of help from the provider. We get a team called ACE. Who helps us with out assignments and the structure and grammar in it. We also have out lectures to talk to whenever we want with any questions we have and we get a response quite quickly.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
We learn relevant subjects at uni. Subjects that we can adopt into out role. Such as learning about accounting and key terms. this allows us to understand the terms when our seniors use them which allows us to be much more integrated into the conversation. We also learn skills that we can adopt.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
We have not been able to get involved in many activities due to covid. However we do have socials at the end of clients. For one of our clients we had a group dinner to celebrate the clients deadline. Similar to this we do many socials to celebrate our performance.
9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend?
EY is a place that you will gain great experience that will be very useful to your career. EY is also place you will enjoy alot and be able to gain may new skills that you haven't before. You will be able to meet many new people that you can communicate with be friends with.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY?
During the application process be sure to be yourself. EY look for people what are themselves. Remember you are applying to a employer who respects you as a person and who will allow you to gain many skills and help you along your whole career to make sure that you are achieving your best.