Trainee Tax Advisor at EY

School Leaver Programme
September 2013

Connect with EY

9.1/10

- Trainee Tax Advisor - Helping with the processing of daily stock and share transactions to calculate the tax due on the awards - Work closely with every level in the business up to director & partners - Acting as a link between clients and the team with the management of receiving and retunring tax calculations

- Currently studying for the CFAB - Numerous interal training courses on a wide range of things - Developed my IT skills a lot more than expected

The work is challenging but at a good level to help me develop my skills, and the team around me is always more than happy to help when I need it.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at EY

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

Internal recognition and rewards show that hard work does not go unnoticed. Team is more than happy to include me on on all aspects of projects and not isolate you - this helps to develop and improve contribution.

Started with a good induction to get you familiar with the business, then progressed at a good pace with lots of support in place for when you need it.

Periods at college are well supported and always available outside of lecture times to contact for help. Tutors are of a very good standard.

Allocated a 'buddy' for more informal support, and a counsellor who helps plan and review performance andsupport you on the path upwards.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 8 roles at EY

It is tight if you want to try and save money, but is more than I expected to earn when I started, and the progression can be relatively fast.

There is a whole network of societys offering most activites that you can think of. I play for the EY rugby team which has been a great experience and helped me to network throughout the business.

9. Would you recommend EY to a friend?

In my opinion it is the best was to get the qualifications - earning while learning and using the skills you are taught in a practical environment.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY?

Just throw yourself in to everything and be fully committed.