1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Within our program we rotate between sales, marketing, CCSD and supply chain - spending 6 months in each before moving into a new team in our next rotation.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes - a lot as it has taught me what it is like to work 9-5 every day and what a business environment is like as well as all of the skills learnt in each of our rotations.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so - the only part I dislike is having to be away from home on my own for work.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Well - a little bit of organisation has been lacked throughout.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots - especially in times where circumstances unexpectedly change and the company has to react quickly.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Sufficient emails - sometimes hard to do only via email.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
This varies depending on which areas of the business we have seen and which module we are studying.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
The occasional conference and 'campus teams' which is specifically for academy students to take part in volunteering, open day events and school activites in the area.
9a. Would you recommend Nestle to a friend?
They are an amazing organisation to work for with lots of perks. They look after their employees well and prioritise people. They are fair to apprentices and make sure we are treated as any other employee.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nestle?
Nestle is less about A*A*A* and more about the type of person you can prove yourself to be. They look for outgoing, ambitious and energised people who they can see are keen to learn and improve their skill-set. Don't second guess yourself just because you may not have the grades someone else has on paper - have confidence and believe in yourself because that is what Nestle as a company want to see.