1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I answer the telephone and deal with member enquiries. I also take care of cert returns and log post onto members’ records I update members’ records when their circumstances change. I also prepare transfer quotations and retirement illustrations for members and set them up for retirement.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
handling members queries on the telephone calculating PCLS, residual pensions and LTAs better understanding of pensions logging post and returning original documents preparing quotations both transfers and retirement
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
so far I am enjoying my apprenticeship. I get along with my team leader well and am comfortable asking for help from my other colleagues if necessary. I learn something new everyday which I like and everyday is different.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The apprenticeship programme at Barnett Waddingham is very organised. We have monthly exams and are provided with all the content we will need to learn in plenty of time to revise for them.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
If I have any queries about a piece of work I am working on I always receive help.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
we get support from our training provider and schedule meetings to catch up and see how we are getting on.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
the exams we undertake as apprenticeship include information we need to know in our everyday roles.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes, sometimes we play football at lunch we is fun and a good way to socialise.
9a. Would you recommend Barnett Waddingham to a friend?
it is a professional company and is very supportive of you during your journey with them and provides a lot of help when necessary.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Barnett Waddingham?
I would say to be confident.