1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Whilst I'm working I complete alot of different tasks. These range from Date-code to delivery and being on the tills to serve customers. Whilst doing this I help customers and deliver exceptional cusromer service. It has helped me to develop lots of new skills and learn how the retail environment works.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed lots of skills. I've learnt that it's OK to fail and ask if you need help because people just want to help you to develop. My confidence is much better now. I know how to do alot of things that u didn't when I started. I now know how customers should be treated and served so that everyone has a good experience.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed this very much so. Every step has smooth transitions so that you are eventually ready for the end point assessment. You have workbooks to get through but if you have any questions about those you can ask your colleagues or assessor and they will help you to make sure you gain full understanding.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My apprenticeship was very well organised and structured. You complete smaller tasks that hep you to reach the overall goals. You h are constantly supported by the team in your store and your assessor. If you are confused you just ask and everyone will help you to try make it so that it's not as confusing.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive lots of support from my employer. Their is always someone to help you in some way shape or form. Everyone is very kind and you get given all of the numbers for any help lines you may need. It's a very good atmosphere to be working in.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I received tons of support from my assessor. I was given paper based modules and end point assessment test because I said that I'm not very good at reading from screens. This has helped me massively to develop a better understanding of all of the units and the content within them.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel my qualification helps me to perform better in my role because it has helped me to gain a full understand of alot of the retail tasks. It means I have more confidence to give better service to all customers and to help others if they are struggling with a task.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
We are all very good friends and help each other inside and outside of work. We have been bowling before and whenever someone leaves we have a leaving meal and try to get them a little something to remember us by. We also have a Christmas party and do secret santa.
9a. Would you recommend Superdrug to a friend?
It has been a very good experience and helped me to learn new skills and develop existing ones. I have all the support that it is possible to give. I have found my whole experience very welcoming and helpful and I think that others would benefit from this sort of experience.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Superdrug?
I would say you should do some research into what the apprenticeship is all about. Go for it is you'd like to learn lots of new things in a fun environment. Learn some things about the company and opportunities you will have when completing and after the apprenticeship